Monday, June 17, 2013

Sum Sum Summer Time!!

School's out for Summer!!  

It seems as though the school year has flown by!  Jacob finished 8th grade and will be in high school next year (or in 10 short weeks).  Erica will now be in middle school and Mikayla will have her first taste of being the only Ralston in her school!  WOW! They are all so big and so grown up!
Last week, we got to attend "graduation ceremonies" for both Jacob and Erica.  I hope those don't take away from the excitement of their actual high school graduation.  Isaac and I agree that we enjoyed Erica's a little more than Jacob's.  Erica's ceremony was only 45 minutes long.  While Jacob's was 3 hours long, it still had great speakers....and yes, I cried!  

Also, this summer celebrates my 20 year high school reunion.  At first, I really wanted to attend.  However, with my recent knee surgery (today marks 4 weeks out), I opted not to go.  It also helps make more time for us to go to Chicago in a couple weeks!  I'm so so so excited to see Maureen and family.  Once a year is not enough, but while our kids are young, it's the best we can do!

I've been reading up on some other blogs recently and actually used something I read yesterday on Erica's hair for church!  I'm usually quite envious of one of my sister-in-law's and the precious things she does with my nieces' hair.  However, yesterday, Erica's hair looked darling!  Did I get a picture?  Not a one! LOL

I have a full long story on Mikayla and stitches and plastic surgeons, but it deserves its own post! :)

Love to all!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your kids are getting to be so grown up! I hope your knee is recovering well after your surgery! How fun that you guys get to meet Maureen and her family in Chicago soon! Wish we could get together with you guys this summer. I sure miss you all! Hope Mikayla's lip is feeling better! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete