Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 1st, 2013

I was hoping for a normal first day of the month, but it was far from the norm.  How shocking to realize that "they" actually went through with it!  This day was the beginning of the government shut down...or furlough if you're in mine and Isaac's line of work.  Being contractors for the government is a high risk job.  We knew that going into it, however, this really stinks.  Actually, it isn't as bad as it could be.  Isaac is not getting to work right now.  However, I am.  His building is completely closed for non-emergency personnel.  He falls into that category.  My contract or funds for my contract had been already been paid, so that is why i can continue working for the time being.  It could be short lived, but for now, we are grateful that I am able to log some hours at work.  I have faith that our family will be fine and we will pull through.  I just hate that this happens so close to the holiday season.  I pray the government leaders can come to some sort of resolution quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment