Sunday, April 19, 2009

McHenry

As I sit here finishing up some laundry, I'm very consumed with missing my husband. Although R&R will be here in June, I still am missing him pretty badly. I was pretty spoiled on the first deployment and if any of you know me, I'm pretty used to being spoiled. Well, being spoiled is a great thing at the time, but then when things don't go your way, you seem to take it even harder than the unspoiled person! So, Isaac is moving around a lot this deployment. It has actually worked out okay until Thursday. Now, he's in some remote place with no internet service and the cell phone that he got over there doesn't get reception there either!! What's even worse is that he is scheduled to be there until like a week before he's due home for R&R.
I guess I just feel a little out of the touch with the world. When I get like this, it seems to be easier to not talk to anyone. I feel like it's a little easier to transition Isaac back into the house when i've talked to him at least every other day or so. I don't remember feeling this desperate to talk to him for quite some time. What's even funnier is when I do finally get to talk with him, I'll be at a loss for words!!!
I'm blessed in so many ways! I love explaining how wonderful my husband is to everyone but i truly just wish he were here to prove it to them himself!!!

2 comments:

  1. What?! That is awful! I think not being able to talk to your husband for that long a period of time would be terrible. I hope he can find a way to call you at least sometime during that time. That is so hard. I know we live far away but let me know if there is anything we can do. WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you like a book and when you are hurting I know it because I can feel your pain and knowing that my Baby Girl is hurting just breaks my heart. I have always been able to tell when there is something bothering you even when we are so far apart...I'm so sorry you haven't been able to talk to your sweetie and I know you miss him very much. I'm here if you need me just call when you feel like talking.I Love You So Much,Mom

    ReplyDelete