Sunday, April 26, 2009

Races, etc...

I am really enjoying these races!! I have completed 4 of them recently. I've completed 3 5K's and 1 10K! My time has gotten better with each race! I'm glad that my children are starting to see that mommy has more energy! Ya know, when i was weighing in at 254 all my energy was going to keep me walking from place to place and make it to the recliner!! Since that was not the life I dreamed of, it's nice for my children to notice a difference!! At 34 I know I still have a way to go, but I can achieve a healthy life that will help my children grow into healthier adults!!
Now, back to the races....my times are not army standard yet...but could be in a couple months!! I always joke with Isaac that if he is getting out...then maybe I should get in, just so we could both fully understand the whole army experience!!! LOL....
I better start dinner and some laundry....

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on finishing all those races! After this baby is born, I'm going to need to start running again too. I'm sure I'll have an extra 20 pounds to lose like last time but all in good time! Maybe we could do a race together sometime next year (or later on this year!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you aren't seriously considering getting in after i get out. that's crazy talk woman!!! i think it's great if you can meet the physical fitness standards, but if you start talking like that again, i may have to break your legs or something.

    ReplyDelete