Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dear Sweet Oldest Child of Mine

My son is such a little terd sometimes!  Because he's a history buff, he's really been questioning 'where we came from' and different things about what we believe, etc...  So, we've expressed to him that he needs to pray earnestly and read his scriptures, because he can't just go off of what Isaac and I believe, he needs to trust in his own beliefs.  I guess he had some sort of revelation and hadn't shared that with us because last Sunday during testimony meeting he shared. 
I should preface this with the fact that I'm the Primary President now and with the beginning of the year, we divided the primary into Junior/Senior primaries again (like I can't believe anyone would ever have 3-11 year olds all together anyway....and i don't even care about numbers).  We also meet from 1:00-4:00 this year, so the previous primary isn't out until 2:00 and we are supposed to come in by 2:20.  So i snuck out of Sacrament at 2:03 to go make sure the room was ready... and it seemed that testimony meeting was slowing down!  Well, low and behold, my son got up!  He stood up at the mic and began with "I figured since my dad is working, and my mom just stepped out, that now is the perfect chance for me to get up here"!  LOL!!  Anyway, he went on to say that he'd been questioning a lot of things and finally got his answer and felt good about it and wanted to share. 
Needless to say, I found it funny how he began his testimony and am super proud of him..............but still i wish i would've heard it with my own mommy ears!!
Have a Happy Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment