Monday, September 13, 2010

Dermatologist

So...today I took Jacob and Erica into see the Pediatric Dermatologiist!! They both have the childhood virus that causes warts. Erica has 3 on her hands and one large one on her knee and Jacob had 3 on his hands. So...they were very brave at first then decided that they wouldn't have all the warts frozen off! I mean I know it hurts, but i was shocked that the doctor didn't just take care of it for me! I was certain to reassure them that with me starting a new job and them already missing school today, that I wouldn't be making another appointment for warts!! So Erica had the one on her knee done and jacob only had 2 done! The warts should fall off by this weekend!
Also, while there they gave us some stuff for Jacob's complexion! He now has a Benzoil Peroxide wash and some Retin A. He has never been so eager to wash his face as tonight. I made sure to reassure him that it wouldn't work over nite...LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's stinks! Poor Erica and Jacob! I hated freezing off warts. I had one when Eddie and I got married, which I didn't freeze off (well, I tried to do it on my own but was unsuccessful). I just noticed the other day that it was gone! So...after 5 years, it just disappeared! haha That's so funny that Jacob is all excited to wash his face now! I remember using Retin A when I was a teenager! I think Isaac did too. Gosh, your little babies just keep growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very curious how you tried to freeze it off on your own.

    I have heard that duct tape works at getting rid of warts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can buy over the counter wart freezers!!

    And your body must've realized the virus that was causing the wart and killed it off on its own. That just hardly ever happens in children.

    ReplyDelete