Thursday, January 1, 2009

Time for Deployment....So Quick??

I think I'm in shock more than anything.  I cannot believe that we got a call this morning saying that SSG Nutmeg leaves on Monday instead of the 10th!  I mean part of me believes it, but other parts of me doesn't want to believe it!  It's really just me being selfish.  All of me knows that he has a very important job to do, but none of me wants him to be so far away for so long!  I guess my real prayer is that he's safe and returns to us ASAP.  I also pray that his mission is successful.  I also hope and pray that the other guys meet up with him safely.  Isaac is going on the Strat-Air flight which will take him straight to his destination.  The others will be about a month in Kuwait before meeting up with SSG Nutmeg again!  Anyway...I'm still sad, but will hold up for his sake.  He pulled out about 3-5 loads of laundry that he was going to take care of next week while i was at work...but it looks like we'll get that done today and tomorrow.  :0)  
I think maybe I'm a little more emotional today because Baby Spice, Paprika woke up vomiting today.  There doesn't seem to be any apparent reason...I'm just hoping that it stops with her and doesn't go around to all of us, like normal!  
So, here is to a Happy New Year for all of you!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I know it won't be easy either time but to emotional have to prepare a week earlier than planned is not fun. We will keep you all in our prayers - especially that the sickness does not make it around the spice rack!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mrs. Cinnamon, I hate that SSG Nutmeg has to leave so soon! I was just telling Eddie that I wished SSG Nutmeg didn't have to go at all. Please call us if you need anything or just to chat. I hope you guys don't catch whatever the girls have and that they get better soon! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SSG Nutmeg is always in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that he leaves so soon. Hang in there. I'm trying to put together a girls Bunco night at my house - while the cat's away, right? Will let you know so you can come and distract yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the blog where SSG NUTMEG is leaving tomorrow.I'm sorry that it is sooner than you thought. He is in my thoughts and prayers. If you need me I'm here if you need to talk. I'm off work at wpool this. Call me. I Love You!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGS, call me or email me to unload ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete